Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My vegies are growing



I planted myself some winter vegies. Brocolli, lettuce, spring onion and peas! The spring onions are dead. Probably because Paul dug them up thinking they were weeds and threw them in the rubbish bin!

Everything else is growing beautifully! I have most non-green thumbs ever LOL. But for some reason my vegies grow with ease. I give them very little care and attention. Just a little bit of water if I see them wilting.

I took these pics tonight, in the dark cos I am bored so decided to do a post. I couldn't see outside cos we have no outside light, so they are snap-and-see-what-you-get pics! I was really taking a huge risk. There are sloppy barkers eggs galore out there, and in the pitch black you never know what you're standing on. But I have made it back inside without a single trace of poo!
This it the whole vegie patch. It's pretty small, but it's plenty to give us heaps of vegies
You can see my little dwarf peach tree. It gave us heaps of fruit last year. Only thing, I am intollerant to them (so I found out after scoffing into a few) and no one else in the house likes them!




Here's the peas, just starting to get close to the climbing wire.






My brocolli, looking very healthy indeed ( I don't eat brocolli either hehehe)

but Lachie loves it





And my lettuce. Cleo and I both love lettuce. They're lookin' good too!


So that's it, my magnificent vegie garden! I will take some pics in a few weeks and see if they are growing!



3 comments:

RachelP said...

Looking good Noo! the garden is growing well. :) I'll help you eat the vegies. :)

Dory said...

I love broccoli!! it's good stuff!! steamed with some grated cheese on top, under the griller for a few minutes mmmmmmmmmm

oh and your garden looks great too :D

Narelle said...

Hey Kathi I'll post you some ROFL. Sure Rach, there will be heaps!