Yikes! Cleo got her learners permit on Wednesday. She did really well, and passed with 91%. I was impressed! So yesterday, we hit the road, and the kerb, and a roundabout HAHAHA I will elaborate
We live very close to Deakin University, and this is where most of the learners in our area go to get a feel of driving. So we went there. I let her get behind the wheel. First we made sure that she knew which was the brake and which was the eccellerator LOL. So off we go! I realised very quickly that we should of had some instructions about how to turn the wheel too! As in you don't spin it at a million miles an hour like you do in a dodgem car, or you will end up all over the road!!!
Mind you she is driving my Prado, it is a auto, and had very touchy brakes, and loads of power LOL We're not allowed to use Pauls car, which is a lot smaller, because it's a company car.
So we head up hill, probably a good choice, cos she can use the eccellerator a little, not going to badly. Then we all shout TURN TURN as she almost mounts the kerb!!! She says, but don't I have to keep left LOL Yes, love, but not THAT far left, we do not want to hit parked cars or mount the kerb to often!!! It's going well, we do the big lap of the Uni car park, and Cleo decides she would like to drive home. Sure, I thought, get her into it. So we head out of the Uni, and straight to a road work zone, where the man is standing with his stop sign. Cleo starts to panic. WHEN DO I STOP????? When you get closer to him love. So we get closer and BANG on goes the brake! Whiplash and kindey damage all round. The bloke holding the sign is pissing himself laughing, as are we! I am so not good at being serious about these things! So we proceed and then we have another bloke with the stop sign and we do it all again. Yes, more whiplash and more kidney damage.
We got through the road work zone and then she could sit on 60! She was very determined to get up to the speed limit. Myself and the back seat passengers, Andy, Lachie and Jamie, were not so keen. But she did it anyway. She did really well actually. We then came up to the main highway near our home, and had to do the traffic light thing. This was a little scarey LOL since it is a very main road, and lots of trucks don't stop at the lights! So we sit a the red light, me with my hand firmly holding the handbrake, just in case... She did fantastically! Takes off beautifully, manouvers through the next two sets of lights, drives over the bridge near home (with me saying MOVE RIGHT, MOVE RIGHT) and then we come to the roundabout on our street.
What does she do? Hits the eccellerator instead of the brake!!! Fortunately her reflexes are young and quick and she quickly moved to the brake. Once again, bad mother is pissing herself laughing!!! We then manouvered around the roundabout and into our street. She cruises down the road, almost straight past our house, we shout STOP, pull into the kerb! What??? she says, and quickly turns, mounts the kerb and stops parked halfway onto next doors driveway.
That will do love, I say! Hop out and I shall park it LOL
So all in all she actually did a really good job. Considering she was so scared of even getting her permit, she is now keen to get on the road. I think there are going to be many grey hairs coming my way in the next few months, and many tales to tell!!!
Yeah, so that is installment one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
ROFL I would've wet my pants if I were there.
Post a Comment