Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A little self indulgence

Yesterday, my sister, Rach, and I went to Daylesford for the day. After Rach's hubby being in America for 10 days and me foolishly (only kidding Rach) offering to help her look after herself and her sick children, which in turn has seen our entire family, and extended family (LOL = Cleos men... ) all have a crack at the vomiting bug. WE deserved a day out LOL .



We didn't have any firm plan, just that Daylesford was where we would head, and if we could find somewhere, we might have a swim.



Well....... we found somewhere!!! Hepburn Springs Bath House. OMG I have never seen a set up like it. The pools are filled with 50% mineral water and 50% salt cholrinated. We bought the Sanctuary package. This gave us access to all the different pools. The first one we indulged in was a salt floatation pool. It's this magnificent round pool with a high salt and magnesium content so you float really easily. Um, I still sank LOL It has this magnicent cone shaped roof with a massive round skylight at the top of it, so you can float around in the pool and look at the sky and the trees while you lay there.



Then we moved onto the massage pool. You lay on these beds submerged in the water and the spa jets "invigorate" you LOL The jets are quite powerful and shoot water all over your body. Lets just say, they are possibly an alternative to colonic irrigation also !!! I enjoyed it LOL Rach thought they were a bit harsh. Rach had a go at the sauna, while I stayed in this pool for a bit more invigoration LOL



Next on the agenda was the big pool. Just a beautiful big long pool with a wall where the water flows over, set with a wall of windows so you are looking outside while your relaxing away.



Bloody magnificent!!!



Here's a link http://www.hepburnbathhouse.com/



Take a look, if you are ever after a completely self indulgent experience, this is the place to go. They also do all the usual beauty treatments, like facials and massages etc. We didn't do that this time, but I think I might indulge next visit.



Thanks Rach :) I had a great day. Was great timing to, so near to the end of the school holidays, when we are all feeling frazzled and in need of some time away from kids !!!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh that looks just like the place I need to visit for a few days.
I’ll have to search around see if there is anything like that up this way.
I’m envious lol

Cathy said...

it's been 2 months, where have you been? I'm here waiting for updates on your kids haha

Dory said...

wow that sounds nice! I would like the spa pool too!